Things to Consider
Many landlords who cannot face the possibility of getting a tenant, sorting out an electrician, or collecting regular monthly rental payments decide to hand these details over to a professional and committed team like JMHA. We can find ideal tenants and manage the property at no extra cost. Prior to leasing the property, the following needs to be checked:
- Is the property in good quality, self-contained accommodation?
- Is the property is structurally sound?
- Are kitchen and bathroom in satisfactory condition?
- Do the bedroom sizes conform to local authority standards?.
- Does the property have a separate living room?
- Does the property have loft insulation?
- Is there a self-closing fire door to the kitchen?*
- Is there a fire risk assessment for communal areas?*
- Is there a working lift for flats on the third floor or higher?*
- Does the bathroom have a bath (subject to property or type)?
- Are there durable linoleum floor coverings in the kitchen and bathroom?
- Are there well-maintained shared areas (if applicable)?
- Does the property have sufficient ventilation?
- Is there a front access if it is a flat above a shop?*
- Does the property have smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and heat sensors?*
It is imperative that all properties have a fully working, checked and certified cooker, fridge and freezer, and appropriate floorings, nets and curtains. Some properties may require furnishings. Please contact JMHA for full details.
*subject to survey